Hey everyone, welcome to the second episode of the Travel Blog Life podcast.
In this episode, I’m talking with Jessica Sanders of the Happiest Blog on Earth all about how she makes money as a niche site focused on travel to Disneyland, including her thoughts on finding your blogging tribe, working with affiliate schemes, and selling your own products.
I loved talking with Jessica as she had a lot of great things to say about blogging self-esteem and valuing your work at the right price. Oftentimes as bloggers, we undervalue ourselves because we’re not sure if anyone is willing to pay us the price we’re asking – but often that’s not the case. If you do great work, people and brands are willing to pay what you’re worth. Don’t settle for any less!
Knowing Your Worth as a Blogger and Business Owner with Jessica Sanders
While many travel bloggers are focusing on multiple destinations and traveling around the world to do their job, Jessica chose to focus on one area in particular that had her heart: Disneyland in California.
Over time, her site has grown into being one of the most valued expert sites on Disneyland California, and she has branched out into selling her own products, including books and itineraries.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Jessica’s backstory and how the Happiest Blog on Earth came to be
- How Jessica’s income breaks down, percentage-wise
- Where Jessica invests the money she makes from her blog and why
- How to find your own blogging tribe that keep you motivated
- Tips and tricks on how to price your products
- What happened when Jessica raised her prices – and if she’s happy she did
You can find Jessica at the Happiest Blog On Earth and her social media links are below so do check her out!
And last, but not least, check out the designer of her gorgeous logo at Enchanted Type.