If you’re planning on moving, or have already moved to, London, chances are you have more questions than you do answers. What’s a good area to live in? How do you budget for the seemingly endless expenses? And what’s the deal with the transport? The good news is, there’s lots of resources to help you out with your questions – many of which are super handy apps (think CityMapper and YPlan). But what happens if your issues are more urgent?
Imagine said scenario: after what felt like a never-ending hunt for a place to live – one that doesn’t cost the Earth, and preferably has a couple of windows and maybe even a garden – you finally put a deposit down on a place and, keys in hand, joyfully skip into your shiny, new, humble abode. Only issue is – it’s got virtually no furnishings, and you don’t own any (yet).
That’s where Rentuu.com comes in. Rentuu is an online platform that solves every expat’s worst nightmare – having the physical space to live in, but not having anything in said space to survive off.
Need a temporary bed until your new one arrives? Rentuu’s got your back – simply choose from a selection of quality air mattresses.
Don’t want to break out of your fitness routine, but have no time to sign up to the gym? No problem – Rentuu has dumbbells, treadmills and bikes for hire as well.
Urgently need a car seat or stroller for your baby? You’ve guessed it – Rentuu stocks a range of reliable, high-quality baby equipment.
Designed to be quick, easy and seamlessly hassle-free, Rentuu lets you hire just about anything in a matter of minutes. Targeted at Londoners and those visiting London, it’s an invaluable tool we’ve all long been waiting for. Think about it: you probably buy most of your electronics and books, book most of your holidays and probably even buy much of your groceries online. Why not hire products online as well?
If you’re still not convinced, here’s 7 indisputable reasons to love Rentuu.
1. It’s super simple. With its stripped back design, there’s nothing over the top or elaborate about the website. You don’t have to call customer services or email anyone for a quote. You simply select the item you’re after, select a convenient delivery time frame and with a few easy clicks – it’s all yours.
2. It uses next-day courier delivery. You don’t need to go to a collection or drop-off point, nor do you need to wait days upon end for your delivery. Rentuu partnered up with London’s leading courier service to ensure your items are delivered safely and swiftly, and collected in the same way, too.
3. It’s the future of ownership. Most of us recognise that humans wreak a hell of a lot of havoc on the planet, and one of the most pressing issues we have is overconsumption. Tackling unnecessary waste may not be easy, but buying less things and renting them instead is one step in the right direction.
4. It helps save storage space. Few Londoners have the luxury of plentiful storage space, and some items are just so damn bulky, we’ve no idea where to put them. From baby car seats to air mattresses to patio heaters, Rentuu offers any type of item you occasionally need but have nowhere to store.
5. It also saves you big bucks. Consider the cost of buying a tent. Now, consider how many times you’ll actually end up using it. Sure, if you’re a die-hard camping fanatic you may want to invest in your own kit, but if your adventures in the wild are limited to one trip a year you’ll save loads of money by renting your tent instead. Same goes for expensive gadgets like projectors and cameras.
6. All items are 100% quality controlled. Unlike its competitors, Rentuu isn’t a P2P platform. The problem with P2P (peer-to-peer) sharing is that it’s a bit like diving into the unknown. There’s no guarantee what you’ll hire will be clean, functional, or even safe to use. Rentuu works directly with trusted businesses, all of whom ensure that the items for hire are 100% reliable.
7. Customer service is always at hand. You know when you’re trying to get through to your phone company, only to be put on hold for 243598 hours? Yeah, you won’t get that with Rentuu. As a small startup, the Rentuu team are entirely dedicated to their customers and are swift to answer any concerns or questions you may have.
So the next time you find yourself needing to use something, ask yourself, “can it be rented instead?”. Chances are, the answer is yes. And now, you know where to go to make that happen.